The Legends of the Rocking Dutchman - episode 125
Today's legends mix brings us seventeen great tunes again, and among them a late Rhythm & Blues attempt of a great lady of pre-war jazz, Valaida Snow. She was crowned "second best trumpeter of the world" by the world's number one himself, Louis Armstrong, but she got trapped in Nazi-occupied Europe while on tour and the way she was treated in a Danish prison in 1941 broke her spirit forever.
There's more of course, like three of the greatest blues guitarists, the only hit of a Louis Jordan soundalike and screaming and fainting teenage girls trying to reach their idol.
- Orioles - Shrimp Boats
- Roy Brown - Good Rockin' Man
- B.B. King - B.B. Boogie
- Ivory Joe Hunter - Wrong Woman Blues
- Big Maceo - Poor Kelly Blues
- Albinia Jones - Love Is Such A Mystery
- Calvin Boze - Safronia B
- Valaida Snow - If You Don't Mean It
- Georgia White - The Way I'm Feelin'
- Bumble Bee Slim - Cold Blooded Murder, No.2
- Sonny Boy Williamson - Stop Crying
- Charles Brown - So Mistreated
- Saunders King - Empty Bedroom Blues
- Pee Wee Crayton - Tired Of Travelin'
- Lightnin' Hopkins - Fast Mail Rambler
- Big Bill Broonzy - Medicine Man Blues
- Sonny Thompson - Single Shot
The following music served as background music during the spoken parts:
- Wild Bill Moore Sextette - Bongo Bounce
- Kirk Kirkland - The Saxaphone Rag
- Dexter Gordon - Long Tall Dexter
- Lucky Millinder - Old Spice
- Pee Wee Crayton - Crayton Special
- Sonny Thompson - First Base
- Valaida Snow - You're Driving Me Crazy